Green Monster Smoothie
I’ve seen lots of these green monster smoothies on Pinterest and all the health benefits from them and of course I was in to try it! I’ve tried a couple of them but my favorite one has berries in it. Not only does this smoothie tastes absolutely delicious, it is SO SO healthy for you! The main ingredient in the smoothie and hence the name “Green Monster” is spinach and here are the benefits:
- High in dietary fiber which helps in digestion, helps aid in lowering blood sugar levels, and keeps you full throughout the day!
- Loaded with antioxidants such as vitamin C, E, beta-carotene, manganese, zinc and selenium to fight off free radicals in your body
- A natural anti-inflammatory from neoxanthin and violaxanthin
- High in vitamin A for healthy looking skin- helps to retain moisture, fight off acne and prevent wrinkles!!
- Spinach has shown to protect against prostate cancer
- Antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin helps to protect the eye from cataracts and age-related macular degeneration
- Supports the immune system, fights off infection
- An abundance of vitamin K helps in brain and nervous system function as well as maintaining strong bones
1 frozen banana
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1 small peach
1 cup of chopped spinach (Yum!)
1 tablespoon of Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons of honey
splash of coconut milk (you can also use vanilla soy milk, both equally good!)
1/2 cup of crushed ice.
*Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!