Today I’m linking up with Andrea for her Show and Tell Tuesday with today’s topic being the soundtrack to different stages of your life.
As fun as this post was, it was kind of tough to just pick a few songs. There are so many that I love! It really took me back to specific times in my life which was fun to relive and obviously the point of this point.
Grade School & Middle School – I listened to typical teeny bopper stuff and pretty much anything by these bands but here are ones that stick out to me. Of course most of these songs were about love and heartbreak, which I knew nothing about, but boy was it fun to sing these songs at the top of my lungs and learn the dance moves. 🙂
- Wannabe by The Spice Girls (obviously the appeal of the Spice Girls is their endorsement of friendship and girl power. Their songs were filled with such positivity and high energy. How could you not want to sing along?)
- Tearing’ Up my Heart by *NYSNC
High School & College – Dave and I met my freshman year of high school (his sophomore year) but we didn’t date until my freshmen year of college. But ever since then we have become a unit and I annoyingly know why people write love songs now 😉
- Bliss by John Mayer and Alice Peacock
- Lucky by Colbie Caillat and Jason Mraz
- Look After You by the Fray (this is our song. We got to meet the band after seeing their show back in 2006. This is the day before we started dating.Can’t you tell how much I’m beaming in this photo?)
part of the lyrics of Look After You:
- Only You Can Love Me This Way by Keith Urban
These Days- I love love. Songs about finding and being with the one who makes you feel like you’re home. Dave and I have moved around a bit and we love to travel but being together, no matter where we are, is where we are happiest.
Songs can be so personal so I’m very interested to see what songs you all chose that represent your lives.