Linking up today with Shay for What’s Up Wednesday. I answered a few of the questions:
Eating This Week:
This week my friend is staying with me and it’s so nice to have some girl time. We had her work friend over last Friday and we made guac and a salad bar and watched our favorite episodes of Friends. It was perfect 🙂 We have a bunch of leftover salad to eat this week and a Blue Apron meal of salmon.
So before we moved to Seattle, we went on a big trip to Zion National Park in Utah with my brother, his fiance, and my best friend and her husband. We went sightseeing, hiking, and camped. One of these days I will blog about our amazing road trip.
Living in Seattle. I’m so happy here. We have good friends (another couple we are friends with who are from Chicago are moving here next month! That makes 8 of our friends here Chicagoans!) and there are a ton of things to do and see. We have a running bucket list of things to do in Seattle and the surrounding areas. That’s another blog for another day. 🙂
What I’m Dreading:
As glad as I am to be getting my health in order with all my upcoming doctor appointments, it still makes me nervous. I get a pit in my stomach while sitting in the waiting rooms. So much could be going on within my body and it always makes me nervous until I get the all clear from the doctors. I don’t do well with medical stuff.
What I’m Listening to:
I’m currently obsessed with a few country songs this week:
Run Away With You – Big & Rich
Heartbeat – Carrie Underwood
Thunder – Adam Sanders
Break Up in a Small Town- Sam Hunt
What I’m Watching:
I can’t remember if I’ve written about Aziz Ansari’s new show: Master of None. It’s on Netflix. It is hilarious and so well written! It’s set in New York in actual locations and not on a sound stage like a lot of other sitcom shows. It’s also super relate-able with my age group with our friends having babies, being in relationships, divorce, and appreciating our parents.
I’ve told multiple friends about it and they all binged watched it like we did. We watched all 10 episodes in 2 days. It’s gotten rave reviews and everyone is talking about it. It’s one of the best shows I’ve seen in a long, long time. Dave and I can’t wait for season 2. You can thank me later. 😉
What I’m Looking Forward to Next Month:
So much is going on next month and I’m so excited! I love having things to look forward to.
- The first weekend in February our friends Erin and Richard, who live in LA, are coming to visit us! We used to hang out with them all time when we lived in LA and we really miss them. It will be great to catch up and show them around our new state.
- The Super Bowl is always fun to watch. Two years ago we watched the Super Bowl in Venice Beach, and last year we watched it in Orange County with our roomies. And both years I wore my Bears jersey. 🙂 I will always root for the Bears no matter how bad they are. (The last time they won the Super Bowl was before I was born in 1985!)
- My friend Mich is coming to town and I’m really looking forward to catching up with him and meeting his wife and kids. I haven’t seen Mich since our big trip to Togo in May 2014.
- My brother, his fiance, Dave and I are going to visit our dad and stepmom in Georgia! It’s been a long time since we’ve all 6 been together (I think the last time was when we moved to California in October 2013) so I’m really excited to get the band back together. Haha.
- I’m also really excited for Fuller House at the end of the month, and the Oscars. I love seeing what everyone is wearing.
10 thoughts on “What’s Up Wednesday”
Can’t wait to hear about your roadtrip! I’m so happy you’re loving your new city!! Have a great day 🙂
I took that trip in Sept or Oct and am just now thinking about blogging about that trip…haha whoops! One of these days I’ll get it together 😉 Hope you have a good day too Lauren!
Did you take that picture at Zion National Park?! It’s awesome! You have some fun things planned coming up soon…I need to get on the plan making!
My boyfriend took that pic actually! He’s a great photographer. I have so many pictures I need to share…I need to catch up on my blogging for real! I never asked you how your October marathon went! Did you blog about it? I’m SO behind.
I’m happy to hear how much you love Seattle! I’ve always heard such good things and really want to visit the city sometime!
Thanks Alexandra, it’s been awesome and we love it here! Let me know if you’re ever in town, we should meet up! And Chicago is prettttty great too 😉 I need to get back soon.
I loved Master of None! I brought it up and Michael thought it didn’t sound good! And then we watched it and I think he was more into it than me! (But that’s just because if I’m tired I can’t stay awake for TV…so I fell asleep and missed out on some of it.) We watched it all in two days too.
I still think it’s so weird you have friends named Erin and Richard in LA since Michael does too haha. They actually moved to Seattle from LA and then moved back to LA last year because Erin was homesick. And now they want to move back again. Ha!
No one I’ve talked to about Aziz didn’t like his show. And I totally fall asleep too while watching TV at night!
That sounds like a lot of moving for Michael’s friends! lol
You have so much going on in February! I’m so jealous!! Enjoy it. Also I hope your doctor appointments go well!!!
Pingback: Four Facts Survey – Say Yes to Happy