So I mentioned the other day how I saw Gretchen Rubin speak at the library downtown, and I got re-inspired to work on my Happiness Project goals. But I still haven’t sat down to write them out. But I will share some of my goals that I’m working on right now.
Setting up appointments:
- I went to the doctor’s for my yearly check up this past Saturday and found a primary care doctor that I really like. I like to have a doctor I feel I can talk to, so it’s one of the main goals I have whenever I move. I’m so happy I found her!
- I asked my doctor from home to send me all my files since I no longer live there so I felt super prepared when I was talking to her.
- I also had a list of questions and she answered them all. I felt so on top of things!
- I was also really happy because I didn’t have to do any blood work because I hate needles.
- I have my dentist appointment next Monday and hopefully I’ll like the dentist. I’m a little overdue with my 6 month clean so that will be good.
- Yesterday I just made an appointment with the dermatologist for this Friday. It’s my first time going ever, so I’m excited to hear what they have to say. I know I should be going yearly.
- The last appointment I need to make is with the eye doctor today. They were closed yesterday when I called. I haven’t been to the eye doctor in years and am excited to pick out some new frames! I don’t know if I need contacts but I also can’t picture touching my eye, so there’s that…hah!
- I know this is probably super boring but I’m so proud of myself for being responsible. I’m adulting so hard right now. 🙂
- Meal Planning– I want to get better at this. I enjoy chopping fruits and veggies and putting them in containers for the week. But I don’t always plan very well. I usually just buy basic produce and then eat pasta and stir fry veggies because I’m too lazy to plan for the week. That’s my go-to meal and while it’s somewhat healthy I’d like to branch out more and try new recipes. I have so many cookbooks and magazines that I need to utilize better.
- Budgeting– I have never been good at budgeting. More recently I have started saving money from work, which is how I was able to take time off with our move, and I need to do it more. Because life happens and things come up. Emergencies, car repairs, home maintenance etc.
- I miss blogging and I want to blog in advance more since the week can be so busy.
Staying in Touch:
- Now that I’m settled into our new life in Seattle, I want to do a better job with keeping in touch with everyone. I miss our friends and family back home and need to make more calls and write more emails and texts. It’s just so easy to get wrapped up in everyday life and I need to step back and reach out to our loved ones.